Tuesday, September 25, 2012

humane society.

guess what?
if you know me, you know exactly what. however, if you don't, then it's going to be a total surprise! :]
 
my pupster is finally moved in! yay!
it's been the best thing ever! she moved in on sunday, and monday could not have been more of a long day at work. i was so excited to come home and her be here with me. she is so great at being a great companion.
 
i rescued the pupster the day after i graduated college. i had been wanting a dog since my previous dog ran away, and obvs never came back, in middle school. also, my parents weren't really fans of me having a dog not knowing what was in my future. sometimes on saturdays i would go to petsmart to browse the pups because it just put me in such a good mood. the day after graduation, move out was just insane. i was stressed and needed some time. while i was checking out all the sweet pups, one really caught my eye. she was just beautimous. even though she was sleeping in a crate, you could tell she was full of personality!
 

after having lunch i decided to go back to just get some additional information about her. while talking with the humane society volunteers, they were informing me of the 7 individuals&families that were interested in her! immediately, i called my parents, burst into tears, and said i was going to get this dog & pretty much begging them to finally let me get one! [[even if i had graduated, i was going to be living with them, so kinda needed the okay]]
 
i ran back inside and signed the papers while bawling my eyes out and saying crazy things. good thing no one was with me because i would have embarassed them half to death!
 
rescuing a dog is definitely one of the greatest experiences of my life. knowing that my pup, 'macy' could have never lived past a certain period of time because of numerous different things is so upsetting. for a couple years, i wanted to buy a dog for hundreds of dollars. visiting humane societies and hearing the stories of different animals really opened my eyes to the option of rescuing a pup.

the pupster right after adoption!
 
if you do anything in your life, rescue a pup & adopt. there are so many animals that have been abandoned, mistreated, and many other things for no reason.
 
adopt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment